Starboard WingBoard 2022 Lite Tech
The Starboard Wing foil board range has landed just in time as the sport of wingsurfing has exploded! With four different sizes in the Starboard Wingsurfing Board range, there is something for every rider of every ability to start and progress their wing surfing journey.
Each shape has been designed to be stable prior to taking off. By ensuring the volume is situated further away from your foot positioning and placed in the rails, at the cut off nose and in the tail of the board. The result of this is a recessed deck which means your feet are actually nearer the foil and give an overall more connected feel. The tail of each Wingboard also features drainage channels that clear water from the deck quickly once up and riding.7
Every Starboard Wingboard also features a large range of foot strap positions, enabling every rider to find their perfect set-up.
The underside of the Wingboard from Starboard is also feature-rich; with a channelled bottom and flat tail rocker, release from the water’s surface happens easier and quicker enabling earlier take off’s. Also aided by the cutaway tail, each of the Wingboard’s is very responsive to rider input. Each Starboard Wingsurfing board also has a well-placed carry handle on the underside which not only keeps the deck clear but also makes getting to and from the water as easy as possible.
The responsiveness of each Wingboard and foil combination can also be refined thanks to the large twin US fin boxes and their clear markings to ensure that you can repeat your settings sessions after session.
What sets the Starboard Wing Foil Board in the Lite Tech construction is arguably the price. Starboard has been making a huge range of boards for 25 years and while they have always been driven by cutting edge design, shapes, materials as well as their social and environmental responsibilities, they are also mindful of cost. This is where Lite Tech construction comes into its own; delivering Starboard market-leading design and shapes at a price point that is superb value.
Starboard Wingboard Lite Tech 2022 – Features:
• Using a 15kg/m3 precision moulded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offering extra core strength, impressive water repulsion and an extra hard and strong outer foam surface.
• Extra rigidity with the introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail/nose reinforcements.
• The Australian pine standing area for extra deck impact resistance in the most critical areas.
• All inserts have added high-density foam reinforcements, with zero insert issues over the last 12 years of SUP manufacturing.
• 3/4 deck pads with crocodile skin texture made with recycled EVA from post-industrial waste, adding higher UV resistance.
• IQ handle for easy carrying, made from recycled ABS
|7’0″ x 31″||6’3″ x 28.5″||5’2″ x 30″||5’2″ x 27.5″|
|Rider Weight||Up to 110 kg||Up to 100 kg||Up to 95 kg||Up to 85 kg|
|Length||7’0″ / 213.4 cm||6’3″ / 190.5 cm||5’2″ / 157.5 cm||5’2″ / 157.5 cm|
|Width||31″ / 78.7 cm||28.5″ / 72.4 cm||30″ / 76.2 cm||27.5″ / 69.9 cm|
|Thickness||5.7″ / 14.6 cm||5.1″ / 13 cm||5.4″ / 13.7 cm||5″ / 12.7 cm|
|Tail Width||23.7” / 60.1 cm||22.6” / 57.4 cm||25″ / 63.7 cm||22.6″ / 57.4 cm|
|Volume||145 L||115 L||100 L||90 L|
|Fin Set Up||US Box 12″||US Box 12″||US Box 12″||US Box 12″|
|Weight||LITE TECH: 9.8 kg (est)||LITE TECH: 8.5 kg (est)||LITE TECH: 8.1 kg (est)|
|Dimensions||220 × 70 × 20 cm|
5'2" x 27.5", 5'2" x 30", 6'3" x 28.5", 7'0" x 31"