Like all Ezzy sails, the Hydra is born from David’s passion and attention to detail. The first thing that David noticed about foiling is that it opens up a whole new challenge for sail design. The fundamentals of foiling are simply different than normal windsurfing, which is why the Hydra looks nothing like a normal windsurfing sail.
Overall, we had 5 goals when designing the Hydra and we are happy to say that the design accomplishes each one. The goals are:
1) Must be more efficient than a normal sail
2) Must be less sensitive to gusts than a normal sail
3) Must have early power to get up and going but also controllable when flying
4) Must be able to de-power easily
5) Must be super light weight
The Hydra is a dramatic new look for a dramatic new form of windsurfing. Available in 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0.
In love with the flying of foiling, David is happy to release the Hydra to everyone who already loves foiling and everyone yet to discover its magic.